12826847

I have a summons -payment of council tax, I am in court

Customer Question

I have a summons for non-payment of council tax, I am in court today.
I have paid all my council tax when it was due and so I have no case to answer really. I have to take a day of work and will lose my days wages, will the council have to pay this to me, can I claim expenses in court?
No, I am sorry, you cannot claim consequential losses.
You will be able to claim travelling costs if the case is decided in your favour but not lost earnings. You can claim that at the county court but not at the Magistrates I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/