12826847

I was stopped and issued a NIP. This happened

I was stopped for speeding and issued a NIP. This happened on 16th June 2015. The Offence details on the ticket is dated 16/06/16 and to date I have not received any communication from the police - what should I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do nothing. They may forget to summons or issue a fixed penalty in time. If they do you will walk away with nothing.
All contacting them will do is remind them of the need to prosecute you.
If it is just a NIP and not a HORT/1 requiring you to produce your documents then there is no point in reminding them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As the ticket is dated incorrectly i.e 16th June 2016 - are they able to continue?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, realistically. That type of technical problem is a greatly overstated issue on the internet.
They will just amend the date and rely on the verbal NIP the officer would have given you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/