12826847

I've had a removal notice at my address from Equita in my sons

Customer Question

I've had a removal notice at my address from Equita in my sons name for council tax he incurred at another address (he hasn't lived here for a number of years)and my council tax is always paid on time so why are these letters coming here as a 65year old pensioner this is very upsetting
I imagine because he is using your address or they are mistaken. There is no way of knowing save for asking the council or the bailiffs.
It doesn't make much difference anyway as even if you do get a bailiffs visit they cannot take anything that doesn't belong to him and if he isn't there then they cannot do that either.
You can always respond to them and tell them where he can be found and then they should not pursue you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for advice please close my account
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.