12826847

My mother saw a solicitor 2 years ago and he said he would

Customer Question

My mother saw a solicitor 2 years ago and he said he would take it on, no-win no fee, but there wasn't anything in writing and she signed the usual terms and conditions. The case still hasn't reached a conclusion and my mum has since died. I've been asking them for interim bills and confirmation of no win no fee but neither has been forthcoming. The case was to do with my inheritance and a battle with my sister. It seems as though I won't win the case and I'm now going to be faced with a huge bill which will eat up the £20,000 which was the residue of my mum 's estate (due to me). My sister has refused to negotiate via the land registry and wants to proceed to the land tribunal and I can't afford to proceed but I'm not gettingany advice.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How do you know if it was no win no fee is nothing was put in writing to that effect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was a verbal agreement