13262538

My 85 year old mum needs to go into a nursing home she doesn'

Hi my 85 year old mum needs to go into a nursing home she doesn' own her home she has under the£14000 in the bank I want to put her in the best nursing home in our area however social serves tell me we have to pay a top up fee and if we can't then a move to place what we feel suite my mum may not happen
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Sadly this is indeed the un talked about problem of care being funded by the Local Authority.
They have a set rate that they will pay based on the lower average of fees locally.
That is the amount that they will pay UNLESS there are good medical reasons for a specific home.
I am sorry not to have better news - please ask if you need further details