Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Yes, I have a house which in 1984 had planning permission for

yes, I have a house which in 1984 had planning permission for a home for the elderly. in 993 the council tax was for residential dwelling. I bought in 1999 since then it has been in use as a single dwelling does it pass the 4 and 10 year rule
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry

I am pleased to say that you do indeed pass the "4 year rule".

You should therefore make an application for a Lawful Development Certificate.

Under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990: Section 191 as amended by section 10 of the Planning and Compensation Act 1991.

Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995 the following applies in your situation-

A Certificate can be obtained where over four years ago, there was a change of use of a building, or part of a building, to use as a single dwelling house. Enforcement action can no longer be taken once the unauthorised use has continued for four years without any enforcement action being taken.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

Al