75100385

I have been reported by british transport police

Customer Question

I have been reported by british transport police for crossing a level crossing when the red lights had begun (five seconds after they started). I was driving a borrowed jcb forktruck at the time and the registered keeper had provided the btp with my details, so now I have to reply to them with my full details and statement and any mitigating circumstances.
Because of the slower response time of these machines I deemed it safer to continue and get across rather than trying the brakes which I knew were not anything like a car in reponse, but of course I dont wish to sound I was driving dangerous;y or not in control of the vehicle.
I fully admit to this offence, but obviously would like to minimise any implications to my current clean license, apart from a prompt response to them, have you any advice to what could be the best course of action to get a more positive result?
regards
Jeremy
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If you admit the offence then sadly you may well get 3 points and a fine. You can't really say that the brakes were not very good because they would say you shouldnt have been driving.
I would just admit it was you and leave it at that, otherwise you could face more serious charges.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/