12826847

My daughter has been detained in the hospital days since

My daughter has been detained in the hospital for 6 days since the birth of her son by social services who can we contact
How old is she?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
25 years old
Under what power have they detained her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The have not clearly stated they say she is at risk mentally This is clearly not the case as she has had a low risk perinatal assessment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have consented verbally and by email to an assessment working agreement with social services but they are holding her because we have not signed the working agreement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a normal hospital she has not been diagnosed with a mental disorder.
I don't see how they can detain her.
Clearly the threat is that they will remove the child which is another point entirely. That is the point of a working agreement.
But she is free to leave as she wishes. That might not be a good idea as it may place the child at risk of removal.
I don't know whether that is the real issue here? They will not allo her to remove the child to return home because of some perceived risk at home.
In any event, you can complain to your MP about social services.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do we have to sign the working agreement with social services or can we indicate our consent in a verbal or written manner?
Well, nobody can force you to sign the agreement but if you don't then they could act against you.
Verbal consent isn't sufficient.