12826847

My 46 yr.old son who worked as a sales rep company was

Customer Question

my 46 yr.old son who worked as a sales rep for a company was dismissed from his job six weeks ago without any pay he is now taking the company to a tribunal he is unable to drive at the moment due to an eye problem he is awaiting an opp.tonight he was arested by folkestone police and is being charged with theft of van and sarmple rugs he works for a company instafordshire they are now waiting for staffs.police to come and interveiue him he has heart problems what are the charnses of him being released on bail tonight i will put up bale
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does he have any previous?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we stand bail for him tonight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the police have the van now but not samples as they are in a store and cannot be got until tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son has had two heart attacks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
We don't stand bail in the UK.
Whether he will be bailed or not is ultimately a decision for the custody sargeant.
If he is charged then I would imagine they will bail him. If he has no previous they are not going to keep him in until Monday on what is ultimately only a theft. I would not imagine they would keep him on remand for an of this nature whether you offer surety or not.
That decision will have to be made within 24 hour of his arrest though. They have 24 hours to charge or release from the date of arrest.