How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10528
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I have a tenant in an annexe to my house. The annexe and my

Resolved Question:

I have a tenant in an annexe to my house. The annexe and my workshop, sheds and garden are all accessed through a side gate with Yale lock. My tenant has changed this lock without permission and I can no longer access my property. What can I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1.Here you simply change the lock again and issue your tenant with a key. Formally write to the tenant and make clear he is not to change the lock again to the side gate. Set out the fact that your workshop, sheds & garden all have to be accessed by this route and that he has no right to change the lock. His tenancy relates to the annexe not to the whole area at the side of the house. Make clear that you own the property and wish to access your own things. Ultimately, your tenant has acted in a very high handed manner. But you must be firm and set out the position to him.
Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you