75100385

Who do i complain to about an ATM provider, i am a retailer

who do i complain to about an ATM provider, i am a retailer with a machine thats hopeless and i cannot get the provider to satisfactory repair it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Who is the provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cash Zone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do they have a lease on the ATM?
Can you revoke it?
How long does it last?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a five year lease, that we signed last july when we took over the premises, they didn't leave a copy and when we have asked them to provide a copy they haven't, they have said that they put it in the post but they don't send stuff out registered
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have had continuos problems with the machine and have reported them, an engineer has attended but half an hour after he has fixed it the same problem has re appeared, we have customers who are now not using our store because of this machine and we are losing business, we have told the company that they are in breach of their obligation to keep the machine workable but still no action, want to get rid of the machine and cash zone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This is basically a lease question rather than a consumer one then so I will need to find you somebody who can assist with that as it is not my area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, but i wanted to know if there was an industry regulator that i can complain to in order to resolve this situation
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Who is your lease with please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its with a company called cash zone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you seen my previous messages and are you aware of the history here
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Do you want to terminate the agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the service we haven't received from this outfit and customers not using our store because of the machine ideally we want to terminate due to them breaching the contract in terms of service and have the machine removed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ideally i want to know if there is a regulatory body we can complain to because they aren't responding to our calls and threatening us with theft if we turn the machine off, but would rather have it off than customers using it and it not dispensing cash, this causes the customer to get frustrated with our staff and leaving the store never to return
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly no, because they are not a bank. If they were then it would be the financial ombudsman. But this is sit s contractual dispute so there is no regulator as such.
You can just switch it off. Ask them for a copy of the agreement, if they don't supply it then say you assume there is not one. Further even if there was a contract you could get out of it because of breach. I am sure under section 13 of the sale and supply of goods and services act 1982 they should act with all reasonable skill and care - they are not.
Therefore they are in breach of contract and you can end it,
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience