75100385

I recently asked a builder to provide a quote

Customer Question

I recently asked a builder to provide a quote for an extension project. The builder visited our property and was accompanied by an architect colleague. We discussed the kind of extension required. The builder said he would get back to us once the architect had made a sketch of the project. No fees were discussed or agreed upon.
I later advised the builder that I am seeking other quotes as well. Subsequently I received a an email from the architect asking for payment for the sketches. Am I legally obliged to pay the architect? Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No.
If it was not discussed or made clear there would be a cost then you can not be charged. You can only be charged if those matters were discussed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Alex

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

This confirms my impression that as the terms and conditions were not made clear by the architect, nor were any fees discussed or agreed upon that I am not under any legal obligation to make a payment.

Ferekh

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have left 'excellent service' feedback.

Thanks again.

Ferekh

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.