75100385

I work trading company in Dubai as Finance in charge. Our

Customer Question

I work for a trading company in Dubai as Finance in charge.
Our payment to suppliers in Brazil was intercepted through email correspondence with our suppliers and the payment instruction was diverted to UK bank by the interceptor. Payment was transmitted through Dubai bank to the account in UK bank as per fake email with the same name of the suppliers. The fraudster used the same name of the Original Director of the suppliers with whom we have been dealing.
The suppliers claimed that it was wrongly transmitted to someone else. The Dubai Bank inform us that the account holder received the money and closed it in UK.
I need some help to claim if possible the funds remitted to wrong account. The amount involved is US$ approx 36k
Mustafa Noorani
Dubai
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you spoken to the bank please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The owner of the company in Dubai has spoken to the Bank in Dubai; and I visited the the bank (Building Society ) in UK where the funds was remitted on 18 August 2015.. We understand from Dubai Bank that the recipient received the money and closed the account. It was remitted in November 2014; and since there have been a number of cross correspondences with the suppliers and Dubai Bank. The name of the account holder where the funds was remitted is the same name of our suppliers in Brazil.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Do you want me to call you? Do you have a UK number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am presently in Dubai and not in UK. It is already midnight over here. You may call me tomorrow morning on my mobile number in Dubai +971 50(###) ###-####after UK time 9 am or you may send me the reply by email***@******.***
Thanks Mustafa
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Alex, I have not heard from you yet. Can you please call me on either of the below numbers now if possible.
Residence - +971 4(###) ###-####mobile - +971 50(###) ###-####Thanks, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex for your call. Following our discussion, I would be happy to receive your advice and the points to follow up by your email. Can you please give me your telephone contact number in case I need to contact on telephone?
thank you and best wishes
Mustafa Noorani
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Or seek a lawyer here in the UK who can get an order for disclosure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
We will be having the Management meeting next week and will discuss this matter for further action authorisation.
I will get back to you for the result after a week.
regards
Mustafa
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.