75100385

There, here's my story in which I need a little advice.

Customer Question

Hi there, here's my story in which I need a little advice. I loaned my sister and her husband a large sum of money 2 years ago has the pub that they run was going to be closed down if bills were not paid in full within a 24 hour period , I done this in good faith and they were to pay me back within a month or two, which did not happen so I sat them down and said they could pay me monthly , which the first and second payment went ok but then nothing , I kept asking and nothing eventually they stopped answering my calls , or would not be in when I called round.in the last two years they have been on five holidays .sorry I'm rambling. Early this year I got a debt collection company involved £600 later the bailiffs have been on a few occasions but in the last few days the debt company have told us that the bailiffs have been told that they no longer together and nothing is in there names that the car no longer belongs to him and that he gets the bus to work( all of this is untrue, lies). The bailiffs took bank details and they are supposed to start paying me back £500 a month until it's all paid. Relief I thought I'm finally getting what's mine even though it will take a while.but then yesterday word was sent to us saying they are going to do my husband for perjury because the letters they have been receiving state that we loaned them the money( my husband and I) The original letters and the info giving to the debt company by myself and my hubby state that I lent the money to them ( which I alone did) . Can they do this I'm so worried , please can you advise what I should do? Many thanks Marie .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you got a county court judgment ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , we have a ccj and been approved in court and have had a high court enforcement notice approved and a bailiff has attended as a final attempt to get our money.
It is also the wording of our document that concerns me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We won't be back on our mail service til another hour and half so will pick up replies then
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what they are trying to do and on what basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because of the court documents are in joint names they are saying my name Ian can't be on them as I wasn't part of Marie's life then she was single when money lent so they want to take me to court for false statements I got with Marie 2 months later, apparently he has set up a payment plan with bailiff but he is stating that my name should not be on any documentation at all, we only per sued the matter through courts after we got married.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You have a court judgment, therefore it's too late now even if there was a dispute. There is a court judgment and they have made some payments.
You don't need to worry, it's too late for them to contest it now.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean they can't dispute any paperwork at all and say that my husbands name shouldn't be on it, therefore my husband can't be accused of lying/perjury etc ??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , sorry for the delay , yes you have been a great help in putting my mind at rest, now we can go on holiday ( which is in a few day) and enjoy instead of worrying.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex , I rated your services very good but then it comes up with the option to tip you in % but there isn't an option not to , I've already paid £38 for your services and at this moment I am paying out money left right and centre to courts , solicitors , debt company ect so I thank you for your services . Marie
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Dont worry about that, thanks anyway!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.