75100385

I had an injury 27years ago when a prison officer locked

Customer Question

Hi, I had an injury 27years ago when a prison officer locked slammed the door on my left finger. This made me lose part of my finger. It happened in 1985. I was 17 by then and got a solicitor who reached an agreement with The Treasury solicitors to pay me lump sum of money. In 1987. However I have been in and out of hospital because of mental problems and when I tried to get back to Treasury solicitors about my compensation that wrote and told me that they do not have any documents to support my claim because it has been a long time ago. They said that I should have made my claim by 1995 the latest. I did made a claim and my then solicitors (Makanda Bart and co and TNT Solicitors) said that they too do not have any documents to support my claim. However, they told me years ago that the Treasury Solicitors had agreed to make an out of court settlements. I have written to legal aid to request documents about the legal aid I received towards the case in 1987. Please advise me how to revive this case because someone is not saying the truth here.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
its bad news I am afraid, your claim is statue barred. Under the Limitation Act you have a limited time in which to bring a claim, that is register a claim with the Court. This has expired by over 20 years. Sadly this is an absolute defence so you can not get the case revived.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one i want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.