12826847

I have a tennant in a rented property, he has ignored emails,

Customer Question

I have a tennant in a rented property, he has ignored emails, texts and telephone calls to notify him that I am giving notice to vacate the property..what should I do now..?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You are not under an obligation to nag him. All you have to do is put notice in the post by recorded means. If he doesn't read his post then that is a matter for him. You are a landlord not a parent. People who behave in a self defeating way have to take the consequences and that even applies to women who are no longer finding that crying a bit and making allegations of domestic abuse is a get out of gaol card. Please don't worry. What you have done is more than I would have bothered to do.
If he doesn't go and your notices are in order then seek a possession order. He won't get away with ignoring it forever.
However, you can't give notice by phone. It has to be a proper S21 notice in writing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Jo, this is exactly as I thought. The tenant, (conveniently) has responded by text this am to say he is taking advice on his position..so I will await his next decision.

Thank you for your confirmation

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, so he has seen it.
He wouldn't take advice if he had to pay for it like you and I do.
I wouldn't worry. This is all fairly standard nonsense. It rarely gets anywhere.