75100385

Under the current government scheme, we had cavity wall insulation

Under the current government scheme, we had cavity wall insulation and loft insulation installed. We have now found that we have condensation on all the windows in our house where, historically, there was none. Consequently, we want to have the cavity wall insulation removed to prevent any further condensation and the possibility of damage to our house. Can we apply to have the cost of the removal awarded to us?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is the installation fault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - I'm not qualified to say whether or not the installation of the cavity wall insulation was at fault.

However, (before the insulation was installed,) there was no condensation in the property.

An internet search into 'condensation after cavity wall insulation has been installed' has shown that this is a very common problem and has resulted in considerable damage to the properties. In addition to this, I have asthma and spores caused by damp have resulted in a severe asthma attack. Consequently, I am not happy to risk any health issues which could occur from damp in our property.

I would get a surveyor out to check and see what the problem is. That way you will know. If the installation is faulty then you can sue the contractor for breach of contract and make them put it right.
But can you apply to have it removed, sadly not - there is no grant for that. You can sue the contractor to have it removed, but there is no grant.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.