12826847

Good afternoon, I recently (July) bought a buy to let property.

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I recently (July) bought a buy to let property. A mortgage valuation was done and showed no defects to house or roof. Since letting out the property, my new tenants complained of leaking into the bedroom from the roof. The roof is supposed to be half tiles and half flat felt. I asked builders to go and repair only to find that there is NO FELT ON THE ROOF AT ALL. It has clearly been bodged with some type of underlay, a pot of paint and some silicone by the vendor and as a latent and major defect, surely should have been declared by the vendor? It was not noticed by the surveyor. There was water damage stains to the bathroom ceiling which I asked the agent about on my first viewing and was told that it was a historic burst pipe problem in the bathroom ceiling that had been repaired - but there are no pipes in the ceiling at all! The vendor made an insurance claim for new ground floor carpets. The water had come in due to the lack of roof.
Is there any come-back on the vendor for not declaring and giving false info on the Law Society Information Form? Your opinion appreciated. Susan Brockwell
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why did you not have a home buyers or structural please?