13262538

I want to put my babies dad name On my daughter's birth

Customer Question

Hi I want to put my babies dad name On my daughter's birth certificate so she doesn't have a black space becouse her dad is refusing
Does the father pay maintenance for the baby?
Do you understand that putting his name on the certificate gives him Parental Responsibility and you may have to consult him on decisions in the future?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No he doesn't pay nothing .Yeah but i don't want her to have a blank space in birth certificate . I can apply to have all the parental rights.
Have you applied to the CMS for child maintenance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't want to fight with him over money just add he's name and that's it.
You can apply for a Declaration of Parentage which allows for the name to be added to the Certificate but which would not give him Parental Responsibility.
However if you do this then you may have to pay for the DNA test which will be ordered - unless of course he refuses to take one and the Order is made anyway.
However you face the risk that bringing the matter to court will encourage the father to apply for Parental Responsibility - which is likely to be granted - and which cannot be overridden by you
If you wish to continue then all the information you need is here
http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/userfiles/How%20to%20Guide%20Declaration%20of%20Parentage.pdf
Please ask if you need further details