29905560

My name is ***** ***** been employed 10 years for

My name is ***** ***** been employed 10 years for a company in colchester first buses.the work place we're in town centre,so why i applied 10 years ago,worked here was happy with my job.
Recently my company-depo moved from town to different area of colchester,what makes me personally uncomfortable to travel home after my finishing hours at 9 pm.I'm not driving,can't do any driving coz of health resons.the bus is only solution for me get home,I'm female,there after 9 pm buses going every after hour if the one not arrived.there place is unsociable to stand at bus no where,waiting.
The bus stopI need to get bus after 9 pm is about15-20 min away from the new depo to town.
I ve asked supervisor to change my working hours as I could feel safer to get home
He refused to change,as commented as other workers will ask him change if he change mine.but the other workers has cars,or their circumstances are different.
The depo moved to new place is it my responsibility if company couldn't manage to sort out employers traveling to and back?
Should I.get legally changed my working hours by law because of reason is not safe for tiny female after 9 pm stand nowhere?or walk home or even drive bike after 9pm.?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did your contract say you could be asked to move locations?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing in my contract about moving deposit or changing hours,it's what superviser,manager decide.in 10 years of my employment this superviser

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing in my contract about moving depoit or changing hours,it's what superviser,manager decide.in 10 years of my employmentcchanged many of these bosses,but always I got well Withnell of them.only this one who work as superviser only 2 yard now,been same employment status as mine(vqo- vehicle quality operator),he has no experience,no knowledges to supervise the team

It could well be that the move from your original workplace to the new one amounted to a redundancy situation. The Employment Rights Act 1996 states that a redundancy situation occurs when here is a: 1. Business closure – where the whole of the employer’s business is closed2. Workplace closure – closure or relocation of one or more sites3. Reduced requirement for employees to carry out work of a particular kind Your situation is the second one above, where one workplace relocates. In a redundancy situation the employer is expected to offer you suitable alternative employment so they could have offered you the new location and let you consider whether it is suitable or not. There are factors which make it unsuitable for you and in that case you should have been given the option of taking redundancy instead. They could have also tried to make the position more suitable by altering the working hours but I that was not possible and you believed that the change of location made the job unsuitable then you could have asked for redundancy. In terms of health and safety this is not really linked to the employer’s obligations in this case because it does not concern the workplace. It is not like your job itself is dangerous, it is the way home that is an issue, so the employer is not really obliged to consider how you will get home and they are more concerned with what happens in the workplace. However, the above argument about redundancy is still your best option. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.