ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

How can I find out if someone I know has a criminal past or

How can I find out if someone I know has a criminal past or is our on bail?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can I ask - the person you want to find information out about their criminal past:
- are you in an intimate relationship with that person?
- is someone you know (and that you are concerned about) in an intimate relationship with that person?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Her name is***** le Blond or Kate le Blond she is trying to get close to my family but I have an understand that she has a passed and I would like to know what that is incase there is any kind of danger

Thank you for your response.
Would you say that this lady is in a relationship with one of your family members? If you are concerned that the family member is at risk of violence from this lady then either you or the family member could make an application for disclosure under Claire's law.
A third party can make the application although the police may decide that the person making the request should not necessarily receive the disclosure. They may consider to disclose to the potential victim or someone best placed to protect the potential victim.
It is easy to make the application - this can be done by visiting a police station or calling 101.
The police will then run initial checks and then depending on the outcome of these they might choose to invite you in for a face to face meeting. The police will then meet with other agencies to see if disclosure can take place.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would you still be able to get this info without the other that family/friend? Member finding out that you have asked?

You could make the referral - but if the police have information that really needs to be disclosed to a potential victim - then they really should find out.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.