LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My daughter was involved in a car collision, no one was hurt.

My daughter was involved in a car collision, no one was hurt. She was reversing from turning left as a car was parked too near and another car went into the right side of her. the road was a 20mph zone with speed bumps and yet the damage to my daughters car is quite extensive. At the moment the insurance company is dealing with both of them. However, the other driver is leaving nasty voice mails threatening to claim for loss of earnings from my daughter, can she do this?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Yes she can make whatever threats of legal claims she wants. You must inform your insurers of this and tell her that if she intends to claim for this she should contact your insurance company.