75100385

I will try and explain our problem simply!! While looking

I will try and explain our problem simply!!
While looking through the daily echo of yesterday we caught our eye on one of the stories of the day ""Police have launched an investigation after a woman was sexually assaulted near a Hampshire bridge, police launch investigation. There is a photograph of the bridge, but in the readable distance is our company van with our logo and our details. I have a copy of the picture. The attack happened Saturday night but the photo was taken during Tuesday because the van was at home on Saturday and my husband only worked Tuesday this week in water lane Winchester, which is where this bridge is. He is working there today and tomorrow and has been working there all last week. I called daily echo they have taken the van out of the photo now on line with the daily echo, when speaking with them they couldn't care less that our van was in the photo and that the daily echo say people will not assume the two are related, however we have already received so far friendly banter saying what have we been up to!!. we have been in business for 30 years and the question is how many people saw this caption and how many people are going to avoid us? Can we sue the daily echo?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
They are not saying its you though are they? The van just happened to be in the photo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct they are not saying its us its just our van very publicly is in the photo, and as i say we have already received tweaked remarks
The difficulty you have is this - they have taken a normal photo. They have not suggested the van or anyone connected to the Company is involved. This means that any photo in any paper someone could ask that they are removed. The same with TV pieces out on the street, if they are at the Old Bailey and someone walks out the door, does that mean they have committed a crime, or should be removed from the tape?
The answer of course is no. If they just happen to get the image of the person in sadly there is nothing you can do. its like you taking a photo outside and someone objecting to being in it.
You can ask for get a Solicitor letter sent but in reality you can't pursue them.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if readers of the daily echo see our van in the picture and add 2 and 2 making 5 and dont use us, we could protentionally loose work from their assumptions, but the law says we have to take it on the chin and if we suffer through it so be it!!
Sadly its not enough to sue. I am sorry.