12826847

My son was attacked in his home 3 yrs ago, the police

Customer Question

hello, my son was attacked in his home 3 yrs ago, the police have not investigated the incident although being furnished with evidence. I've been in touch with the DPS and so far had 3 investigating offices who never seem to complete their report. It seems to have gone on and on with no results. each officer works on the case then just before moving to a different department within the MET drops us an email saying the report is going to be signed off. then we get another starting from the beginning. what legal action can i take against the MET. I have a voice recording of one of the servel interviews we've had with the MET saying they didn't respond to the 999 call because they have boundary disputes with other stations. what can i do, it's frustrating.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you are hoping to do? To achieve what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Just need some justice, my son has a illness, he doesn't leave the house. 3 years ago 3 individuals entered his home. They tortured him with a hot iron> i will copy the latest response i sent to the met you'll understandLouise,Although you was not part of the original investigation you must be aware of how long it’s taken your department to get to this point. I have to stress to you how much the incident has affected my son Leo, you've met him. He continues to be a recluse, he does not open his door and has not driven his car or venture out often, in essence he has not moved on since the incident. Neither it seems has this entire investigation we haven’t got any closer to finding the perpetrators than the first night when it was reported. The original officers have moved on to other departments no doubt I feel you will also move on as well at some point. The whole outcome of your departments lengthy investigation will be inconclusive and will probably not help finding the individuals that deemed it necessary to use a hot iron to torture my son.Who do I hold accountable, is it the police for not taking the attack on my son and his home seriously, are the police to be held responsible for not responding to the 999 call in a timely manner a total of 10 hours. Are the police responsible for neglecting to attend the hospital to at all after 4 999 calls to take a statement. Are the police responsible for failing to secure the premises and corrupting the evidence. Are the police responsible for not using mobile phone evidence I had to provide to assist in finding the culprits which I still have. Are the police responsible for not compiling a description of any of the individuals for almost 2 months because the MET’s computer was not working or CCTV camera footage from the 7 cameras in my son’s location.I haven’t had any communication apart from your periodic emails concerning your portion of the investigation not a single update since 2013. I don't even know if there still is an investigation and my son continues to suffer to remove himself from normal society. I asked the police for help but as a tax payer the police have failed me, my son, my family and my race. yes I have brought that element that into the equation because if this happened to someone outside of my race and it has , the police would move heaven and earth to find the individuals responsible. Eg: Paul Kohler the same type of attack but all culprits brought to bear. We only wanted justice for Leo and the police failed him, failed to do due diligence during the investigation. All are a series of failing by the police so Louise once again I send you this as an appeal to your conscience for your assistance to HELP my son my family to have justice the justice we are entitled to, to find the culprits who have taken my son’s library and ruined his life.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joe, are you still with me ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whoops Jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand but what are you hoping to do about this?
What do you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The police haven't done anything.. i just go around in circles. Hence my question to you what legal move can i take for the police to do something about this. So far we've had 4 investigating officers from the DPS they have been going around and around. they do not complete promised reports to be submitted to the CPS. the investigation was a shambles. i just dont know where to turn. you've seen just one email. I have about 50 saying the same thing. it's not a police hunt, i just for the police to investigate the crime committed against my son. The persons responsible stole my son's phone and posted personal pictures. I give the pictures to the police and once again nothing just the DPS bamboozling us every time. A legal cause of action i can take
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand all of that.
What are you hoping to do about this?
What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for the police to investigate a crime. That is as plain as i can put it. if your unable to help just say.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why didn't he report it three years ago?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did you haven't read me original messege
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the police for not taking the attack on my son and his home seriously, are the police to be held responsible for not responding to the 999 call in a timely manner a total of 10 hours. Are the police responsible for neglecting to attend the hospital to at all after 4 999 calls to take a statement. Are the police responsible for failing to secure the premises and corrupting the evidence. Are the police responsible for not using mobile phone evidence I had to provide to assist in finding the culprits which I still have. Are the police responsible for not compiling a description of any of the individuals for almost 2 months because the MET’s computer was not working or CCTV camera footage from the 7 cameras in my son’s location.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
It doesn't comment upon that issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does, that's why it's in the original body of text
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm very sorry but your original post does not comment upon when it was reported or why it was late?
Would it be possible to give me that information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was reported 2013, it was a sealed crime number because it was deemed to have been committed by police officers because they come into my son's home wearing police regalia. But what they found was a recluse who doesn't go out. they tied him up ransacked the house saying they was there looking for drugs and money.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Were these people officers acting in the course of police work?
Or impersonators?
What is the relevance of being a recluse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, We don't know who they was the investigation is stagnant. if you read my posts it is clear. As for your other question my son does not go out he had a mental illness depression, therefore that's what i meant by recluse. Jo your site is getting harder for me to respond i had to logout and back in twice before the text editor came up. i'm still at work. If you cant help then at least I've paid and asked the questions
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I cannot answer from this information. Or, at least, I could but then it will probably be wrong.
I will need more information.
If you are not able to provide that then I can ask for a refund for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo what information do you need ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Or impersonators?
I realise that you won't know what the police finding is but surely your son will have a view upon those issues as ultimately it is his allegation? What does he say about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything goes through me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
So what does he say about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son suffers from deep depression, therefore he doesn't say much about anything. i love him very much and care for him.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand.
But he was there. He was the victim.
What does he say about whether they were real police officers?
It is difficult to tell on this information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has always said they was real police
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is legal matter which is way above me. This is why I'm seeking some kind of legal representation. But as I'm a legal layman I don't know where to start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The best way to describe this for me is that it's a minefield of legality I find difficult to navigate through
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
If they didn't respond at all to the 999 call then there are complaints that could be made to the IPCC about that. If this was three years ago then they weren't subject to cuts and so don't have that excuse. They are free to fail to respond sometimes but really only either when they have an incident that is so serious that it demands manpower or when the accuser is recorded as vexatious. It is a pretty hard to get on that list. It covers people who are literally delusional and even then there has to be substantial evidence that they are a vexatious reporter as well.
The only other justification may be that it is not a 999 matter. That is the emergency line. If the culprits were not there in his house at the time of the call then it could be argued it is not an emergency. That is not to say it is not a serious crime but there is a difference between that and an emergency.
There is no obligation upon them to attend at the hospital and they wouldn't normally. With no time pressure to get the statement it would be insensitive to start taking S9 statements while a person is in hospital receiving treatment.
The reason they havent' used the mobile phone evidence is that it doesn't really prove anything. All it proves is that the phone fell into the hands of a person some months later. That person will not be the person responsbile. The culprit will have passed the phone on fairly quickly. There is quite a lot of case law covering that.
In terms of taking action, you can complain to the IPCC.
There is an argument that they have been negligent maybe.
The fact that this is an unsolved crime does not prove negligence though. There are lots of unsolved crimes about. Some cannot be solved for a variety of reasons.
There are quite a lot of human rights authorities though demanding that they investigate every allegation to a reasonable standard. At least they must consider every complaint. They do not go as far as demanding a full scale investigation but if he had injuries sufficient to lead him to hospital then clearly some crime had taken place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They handcuffed then used cable ties then tortured him with a hot iron in the bathroom and bared the door after leaving him with 3rd degree burns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They left him for dead
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, then clearly he wasn't being delusional and it should have been investigated.
Truth is, proper victims are playing second fiddle to political issues like domestic rows.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you so much, do you know any good solicitors I can go to who would take something like this on? We live in south London. There is much more information attached to this.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There are solicitors that sue the police. Both McCormacks and Tuckers do this type of work.
What I don't know is whether they would take on the case of an accuser rather than a suspect but I suppose you will only find out if you ask.
The place to start though is the IPCC as that is free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you jo this was what the CPS was supposed to be assisting us with but clearly they was not after all this time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, they tend not to prosecute stale offences of violence.
Also, the truth is that all the resources are being devoted to allegations of sexual abuse and domestic violence and proper crime is being neglected. It is about time somebody took some action about it.