12826847

I was a defense witness in crown court reading the judge ordered

I was a defense witness in crown court reading the judge ordered the jury out and then me into the same corridor where I could clearly see the jury. one member made eye contact with me and body language . Is this illegal, I reported it to defense council secretary at the time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think it may be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understood contact should not be made or encouraged between witnesses and jury. We were unsupervised usher or by any official court individual

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What contact was made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Eye contact and arm movement by a lady juror

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That does not amount to contact I'm afraid.
Actually the prohibitions are upon witnesses contacting jurors rather than the other way around but making adverse contact could amount to offences on the part of jurors.
Eye contact though is not contact.
In the newer courts jurors have separate entrances but not all courts accommodate that and there are occasions when witnesses and barristers will see jurors. As long as no actual contact is made or other threats conveyed there is no wrongdoing.
Sorry if that is bad news.