29905560

False accusations in work email

false accusations in work email
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Please explain your situation in a bit more detail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi,

I'm responsible for running c&c dept in one of the distribution centres and one of my my responsibilities is to make sure that we have enough staff in the area to complete the work on time.(if there is a busy day we usual contact agency which has an agreement with our company and they are responsible to deliver requried amount of saff)

Last Tuesday there was an email sent by the Agency supervisor that i have came to them and collected few staff.(however our shift manager has cancelled all the agency staff day before as we did not expect the busy day).

At shift start when i came to our dept the agency colleagues were already there, so i was surprised that we have 5 of them as the the day was not going to be so busy.

So straight away i contacted my Team Leader and also let know the Manager about the situation.

However after 8:00am there was an email sent by the Agency which was saying that I came to them and collected the staff in the morning.

The email that they have sent was to our Shift Manager Senior Shift Manager and "the office" group from our company.

I have later been asked via the email by one of the Team Leaders to confirm that i have collected the staff - and ofcourse i have replied and explainned the situation.

but the problem is that false accusition by the Agency using my name

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since 2007

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, whilst the agency should not make false allegations like this, the first thing you should do is try to determine why it was done in the first place. It may not have been deliberate and could be due to a misunderstanding. So if that is the case then it would be best if the agency clarifies the situation and makes it clear that hat they said was not meant. If the stand by what they said and that is untrue then you should make your version of events clear to your employer. If you have any witnesses or evidence which can back up your side of the story then it may be useful to provide these to the employer to show that you are telling the truth. Even though a false allegation may have been made it would not necessarily be a major issue if the employer is not going to take any formal action against you as a result. Had your employer decided to take disciplinary action for example then that would be more of an issue than if they just asked you about it and took the matter no further. You are of course able to submit your own complaint to your employer about what happened although as the agency is not employed by the employer (i.e. they are not their employee) they cannot really do much apart from raise the issue with them and try to resolve matters through negotiation. However, if the employer speaks to them then similar future incidents could hopefully be avoided. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'