13262538

I simply cannot at present afford to get divorced as I do not

I simply cannot at present afford to get divorced as I do not have funds available to pay legal costs. A court has ordered that a Forensic Accountant be appointed but I do not have the funds to pay for it. I have asked my solicitor to put the divorce on hold until such times the funds are available.
Can a court make me go into debt, if this continues it will bankrupt me.
Is this your application or your wife's ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife is the applicant and I am the respondent.

Ho
When is the next financial hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7th December

Is that meant to be the Final Hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it's the FDR
Why is a Forensic accountant required?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because she doesn't believe what my accountants and I say and she obviously believes I have a pot of money hidden. Question still remains, can a court make me borrow money/go into debt in order to pay for forensic accountants and legal fees if I haven't got the funds?
HI
I am afraid it is not possible for you to put the divorce on "hold"
Whether you participate or not the Financial application will go ahead - in your absence if need be.
If you do not instruct the Accountant then it is open to your ex to do so - and claim the costs back form you as part of the settlement.
If you truly cannot afford the accountant then I suggest that you make the offer to allow access to your accounts if your ex pays for the accountant.
I am sorry not to be able to give better news - please ask if you need further details