12826847

I have signed a tenancy agreement ,so have the tenants ,I get

Customer Question

I have signed a tenancy agreement ,so have the tenants ,I get a bad feeling about them, they haven't moved in yet could we rescind the contract ?if so what costs would I incur ?
When are they due to move in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They had keys yesterday but have gone back up North to finish packing .They fully move in on Saturday
I am sorry but realistically it is too late to back out now.
They have keys. The inference is fairly strong that they tenancy begins now even if the agreement does not set that down on paper.
The only way to get them out now would be to evict them and lawfully and that is a criminal offence.
You can always ask them to leave. There is no prohibition upon trying to agree something. They may be delighted to go.
If that fails though and this is an AST then I'm afraid you are bound for the entirety of the agreement unless they act in breach of it and you can seek a possession order from the court on that basis.
If you do not want to renew then it is probably a good idea to serve a section 21 notice upon them as soon as possible at least ending the contract upon the date that your agreement seeks to do.
I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okThank you
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/