Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am using my parents home registered business

Hello, I am using my parents home for my registered business address. I do not have anybody coming to the door to buy products from me but i am manufacturing small items which i have a courier delivery once a month. Would there be any legal or financial implications for my parents because i have registered their house?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
There will be no ramifications for your parents using their address as a registered address. You and your business are separate legal entities from your parents and simply using their address does not make then liable for your debts and liabilities.
The only thing to consider is the address is a matter of public record (if this is a limited company) and can be used for the service of official documents for example the service of court proceedings.
Can I assist you any further?
AJ