75100385

Two years ago ie on 26th April 2013, my husband was refused

Customer Question

Two years ago ie on 26th April 2013, my husband was refused to board a returning flight from Lima Peru to the UK on the grounds that his UK visa was out of date !
The clerk at the Copa check in desk missread the visa details and so refused my husband to board,
As there was no superior employee to clarify this ,my husband and I ,both over seventy ,had to miss our flights .
Until this was all sorted out ,my husband had to remain in Lima ,returning eventually in July 2013.
I wrote to Lorena Mendez***@******.*** on 12 September 2013 sending her details and supporting receipts for our out of pocket extra travelling expenses which she acknowledged but to date have heard no further from her or the company,
Can you please advise .Thank you .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.