75100385

I had an events company and I teamed with another events

I had an events company and I teamed with another events company on a large 3 day event where the responsibility was split whereby my company dealt with booking the acts, venue and monitored tickets and the running of the event when it took place and the other company were responsible for all technical, staging and the venue transformation.
The other company with 4months to go wanted to cancel which I wasn't happy with as I had done a lot of work but had to go with the cancellation as I did not have the technical side covered or did I have the contacts to sort this aspect at such short notice at the same cost.
I have now cancelled the event and refunded all ticket holders.
The other company have now launch a smaller event of the same theme at a different venue in the same city with the acts they asked me to cancel and I would like to know if they can do this as I got those acts originally. We had no contract but I have emails and 3rd party witnesses who would say that we were working 50/50 on the cancelled event.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to know if I can sue as I lost money and time on the event they wanted to cancel and now they are having a very similar event with the same acts only smaller venue and it seems conflicting.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you could. You could argue there was a duty of implied faith and they misled you by cancelling and doing it anyway.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How would or what could I claim for time spent as the event was organised by myself and I spent numerous hours booking and talking to acts, same as arranging venue and meeting 3rd party on site who would be running the bar/diner etc.

I have also been left with the mess of cancelling and refunding ticket holders as well as the backlash from upset people who were upset the event had been cancelled.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You could claim for nominal time around £18 an hour.
You can deal with refunds in the claim etc too.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you

Can you clarify what you mean about dealing with refunds too? Or do you mean time?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes your time dealing with refunds.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.