75100385

I came up with an idea fragrance company to use their

I came up with an idea for a fragrance company to use their fragrance in candles for the home. I have an email from them stating that they are going to use my idea. I just want to know where I stand legally, can I ask for 10% of each candle sold? I just need some guidance.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you have any form of contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No all I have is a copy of the email I sent them with my idea and an email from them saying they will use my idea.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid, unless there was a contract which says the idea is yours and they can't use it without permission then there is nothing you can do.
You can issue proceedings but bearing in mind there is no contract, I fear you will lose. I can outline the process though if you wish.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.