JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

I was made a bankrut in the early 80s and then discharged but

I was made a bankrut in the early 80s and then discharged but i dont have the sertifcate (it was distroyed by an ex wife) where can i get a copy or at least the acurate dates please.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
You should contact the court and ask for a copy of the discharge certificate but given length of time, they may not have retained copies. If not, contact the Insolvency Service and ask if they have anything. If you get no luck there, you might be able to demonstrate the dates using other documentation you still have relating to your bankruptcy.I hope this helps but if you require further clarification please do not hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not know the court only that it was in london, it was not a good time for me then so my memories are pore. it was the VAT that went to court would you know the court they would use.

Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
I suggest you call the Rolls Building, London, Fetter Lane on Monday morning on(###) ###-####6294. This is the new bankruptcy court but obviously they hold records for their predecessor and may be able to point you in the right direction if they do not retain the records.I hope this answers your question.