JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

We own a registered Common of 1.82acres. Nobody has

We own a registered Common of 1.82acres. Nobody has commoner's rights. It is overgrown, has a few trees, much deadwood. Can we clear it? This would involved removing impenetrable thicket, maybe a few trees but leaving the best trees. I repeat that we own
it and there are no other interested parties.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in Wales
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
I would say you can if there are no commoner's rights and the vegetation you intend to clear isn't supporting an important ecosystem or otherwise has special interest.Natural England (a government environment quango) can stop individuals removing vegetation from registered commons if it is done without legal authority. As the owner, and without any conflicting rights (bar the environment issues noted above) I believe you do. However, to be on the safe side, check with Natural England.I hope this helps but if you require further clarification please do not hesitate to ask.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
I see you live in Wales. If this relates to a registered common in Wales my answer stands but if you want to be sure you need to contact the relevant Welsh authority which you can find here: http://gov.wales/topics/environmentcountryside/farmingandcountryside/common/commonlandregauthorities/?lang=en