Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

John and his sister are joint beneficiaries of their parents'

John and his sister are joint beneficiaries of their parents' will. John has no children but has his own will. John dies before both of his parents, who are survived by John's sister alone. What happens to John's share of his parents' estate?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As John was not alive when the last surviving parent died, the legacy to him fails and does not pass in accordance with the terms of John's Will.

Therefore, unless the last surviving parent's Will directs that John's share should pass to a specified third party in the event of John dying beforehand, his share will pass to his sister.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al