ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have been separated from my wife weeks and she has

I have been separated from my wife for 3 weeks and she has now got a new boyfriend who she has had round the marital home while my children are there is there any way I can stop that while my children are in the home I don't care when there not there but I think it's very irresponsible to take him there when the kids are upstairs
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about your situation.
It is my understanding that you are concerned that your wife's boyfriend is visiting the house when your children are in bed.
Please can I ask - are you aware of any child protection concerns about this person?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have never met this person all I know about him is he has a son aged 5 which he sees at weekends.
Thank you for your response.
As he has a relationship with his son then there is unlikely any child protection concerns. If you ever did have child protection concerns then you should contact social services.
Whilst I fully appreciate your frustration there is no action you can take to prevent the new partner entering the home. I appreciate that this is not what you want to hear but I do have to be honest.
I do consider that introducing the children to a new partner after only 3 weeks following the breakdown of your relationship is somewhat soon. Perhaps you can agree with your wife that they will not be introduced until / if their relationship becomes a stable one.
Perhaps mediation might help with discussions. One such service is www.nfm.org.uk
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.