12826847

I need some advice. Please on an insurance claim

Hi I need some advice. Please on an insurance claim
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I own a small company with a cnc laser system it went down after trying to fix it we gave up and auctioned a repair.
My partner called me to say the engineer was the and a loss of air had caused the lens to cook destroying the optics.
I had had a compressor repaired and serviced the week before so I guessed it had faulted.
When the engineers report on the phone came in he said the air switch was off when he arrived.
I filled my claims firm for the repair last week saying loss of air to lens prob from fault on compressor
Now I have this info I have emailed it to the insurers being honest saying it could have been a human error ie the switch i now know to have been off
I passed the new info straight on by email
I'm a worrier and have I done the correct thing ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think you may not have done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I just have not filled in a commercial claims form and I filled it in before we new the cause as it came in last week I guess my question is can you update a claim from the form ?
As I have done.
I am one of life's big worriers !! Hence the double check.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes, there is no issue with that.
Actually even if your original form contains inaccuracies there is no realistic action that can be taken against you if you disclose yourself before they find it.
All that you have done is be full and frank and that is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's great I guessed even if you did make a mistake you can correct it but I've also heard horror stories of people off to prison !!!! Guess I'm blowing it up way to big as usual
I've simple said to them in a nut shell. It may have been the compressor but it could have been human error to be honest I simply don't know
Out of interest would human error be covered in a breakdown policy. ?
I know that's a big ask. ? Lol
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, people do but they are usually the ones who do not correct their 'error'.
It could be covered. You need to check your cover. Some have no restrictions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you have been great.
I also copied my solicitor in on the update mail can't really do any more. I've been upfront.
So I can sleep assured ?
Excellent rating on way.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is nothing to worry about.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.