ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good firm or advise

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good firm or advise me about returning to Turkey with my 2 children?
My Turkish husband I am talking about divorce with is pushing for me to return for a 2 week holiday so he can see the children (6 month boy and 4 yr old girl).
I'm worried he or his family will take them and want to seek legal advice and take precautionary steps, or, if it's too risky, put him off.
Can anyone help?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I note that your are considering divorce from your Turkish Husband and that you have doubts about his request to take your children to Turkey for a 2 week holiday. You are concerned about possible ulterior motives including the possibility of your husband or his family will try to abduct your children.
Although Turkey is a signatory to The Hague Convention in respect of Child Abduction - which means that it follows an international treaty in relation to dealing with return of children - you still need to be concerned as Turkey is known to be difficult in dealing with these types of cases and you will have to bear your own legal costs in what could be a lengthy process and very expensive.
If you have any concerns that there are plans for your children to be taken from your care whilst in Turkey then do not travel.
If your husband was married to you when your children were born or he is named on their birth certificates then he will have parental responsibility for them. If your husband makes any threats to remove your children from your care in the UK then you should make an Urgent application to a Family Court using Form C100 and asking for a Prohibited Steps Order preventing your husband from taking your children from your care.
If your husband takes the children from you in the UK then you should make an urgent application to a Family Court for return of your children. Again using Form C100.
If your husband does want to take your children to Turkey for holiday but you are concerned that he will not return them then do not agree. If your husband wants to pursue the matter then he could make an application to court for Temporary Leave from the Jurisdiction for the purpose of a holiday - he will need to convince the court that he intends to return with the children.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Your best way forward is to speak to Reunite
www.reunite.org
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist further. Please remember to rate positively. Kind regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery