75100385

My son is due in court tomorrow and the solicitor appointed

Customer Question

My son is due in court tomorrow and the solicitor appointed to him at the police station has said he will not represent him as the legal aid is not in place. He was arrested and charged ten days ago.
What can we do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
What is he in for please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He went to a builders home to ask for our house keys back and various other items he had taken without consent. The man pushed and threatened to head butt him so he went and got a tyre iron out if the car (stupid I know) but he felt threatened and held it in his hand by his side (the cctv shows this). They have arrested him for threatening words and behaviour and carry an offensive weapon in a public place. This took place on the driveway and not on the street.
Ok, does he intend to plead guilty or not guilty? Is this the first hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not guilty as he had no intention of causing harm. All he wanted was our house keys and property back. The other chap threatened him in the first instance and the police have not done anything.
Ok, if this is a first hearing and he is pleading not guilty he can do this himself. It will only be set down for trial at some point in the future and he can sort the legal aid out then. He does not need a solicitor tomorrow for a not guilty plea.
His defence will be noted and it will be just set down for trial, so he need not worry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is at a magistrates court and the police have not interviewed his friend or provided any cctv evidence. Will the information you have given still apply?
Yes.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.