Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

After 8 years of overstaying on her student visa, my Philippine

After 8 years of overstaying on her student visa, my Philippine house keeper applied in 2012 for indefinite leave to remain in the uk. She is not married or has children. Her application was declined and on Thursday last week she received a letter from the home office saying that she will have to leave within 10 days. There is not stated any right to appeal the decision.
My question is - if she now returns, on her own expense, how long will she then be banned from returning to the UK (or other EU countries)?
Fredrik
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Just because they state that there is no right to appeal it does not mean that is the end of things - she should see an immigration solicitor to check that she applied on the right grounds - Art 8 may well be relevant. She may also be able to make an application for a JR. So just because she has received the letter it does not mean that it is the end of the road. The immigration laws do not allow a deportation order to be revoked until after three years except for in exceptional circumstances. I hope that this helps - please rate positively - thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** really understand what you mean by "The immigration laws do not allow a deportation order to be revoked until after three years except for in exceptional circumstances". Please let me know.Thanks
It basically means that she would need to wait 3 years before applying with respect to reentering the country - unless there are exceptional grounds Please rate positively - thanks
I hope that this helps - please rate positively - thanks