12826847

I went to a restaurant near our home and reserved a table for

I went to a restaurant near our home and reserved a table for four. I specifically said which table I wanted. The day before the dinner I went again to make sure that the table had been reserved. They told me it had.
When I arrived the next evening with my guests I found that the table was occupied. I ask the waiter what was going on and he replied "We gave this people your table because she is in a wheel chair." I told them that the table had been reserved for me and that they had my telephone number. The answer was that they had only just arrived and there were other tables available. I insisted I wanted that table but he said that because she was in a wheel chair she had priority. Is that so?
No, not in law. It might well be their policy but there is no law that gives disabled people better rights than anybody else.
I suppose it might be easier to access. Buildings do have to be accessible to the disabled now and they have to make reasonable adjustments but that doesn't seem to be what they are saying here.
However, it isn't actionable per se. It doesn't amount to a breach causing loss.
You could complain. It would be a worth a complaint.