12826847

I provided information in may 2015 that I was the driver of

I provided information in may 2015 that I was the driver of the car who failed to stop and report a collision ( with a wall and lamppost ) and driving without due care and attention
I have received a post it note today through my letterbox ( 06/09/15) to contact this officer otherwise I will be summoned to court ..( no date or time on this note)
Is the usual process or should they write to me first
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you fail to report in time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I did , I have been having medical issues which have affected my mental state having anxiety /panic attack and cant remember things

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
They are investigating you for failing to stop and report and driving without due care then for certain
Normally they would may contract in this way. You are probably about to be invited in for interview. They would not normally write to you first. There is no point really.
If you don't attend they will just summons you to court. The truth is that they might do that anyway and since you don't have a defence there isn't all that much merit in going for an interview. The only hope is that they will charge you with lesser offences or decide there is no public interest in charging.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i understand that and appreciate your honesty but on the evening it did happen i was extremely stressed ( personal circumstances all medically documented) and had an anxiety attack in the car , panicked and drove off ...

how do i word this to the police

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, there isn't really a good spin you can put on that.
I really wouldn't start saying that you had an anxiety attack. You get the wrong officer he will inform the DVLA and they will revoke your licence on medical grounds.
Your only hope is to attend the interview and put your hands up in the hope that they don't think it is in the public interest to summons you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you ...

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.