75100385

Iam awaiting renewal of my driving license I have a medical

Iam awaiting renewal of my driving license I have a medical condition the medical forms have not arrived after being posted for 12 days dvl are send ing new forms .They told me i can drive under section 88 my license expired on 2/9/2015 am i allowed to drive or not
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Section 88 says:
Notwithstanding section 87 of this Act, a person may drive or cause or permit another person to drive a vehicle of any class [F1at any time] if—
the driver has held—
(i)a licence under this Part of this Act to drive vehicles of that or a corresponding class,
(i)a qualifying application by the driver for the grant of a licence to drive vehicles of that class for a period which includes that time has been received by the Secretary of State, or
Therefore if they had received your application initially then yes you can drive under this Section. If they never received your application then no, you can not drive.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.