LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

MY FORMER LODGER HAS MADE A FALSE CLAIM THAT I STOLE HIS GOLDEN

Customer Question

MY FORMER LODGER HAS MADE A FALSE CLAIM THAT I STOLE HIS GOLDEN RING WORTH £200, A GOLDEN HAND BRACELET WORTH £200, A NOKIA ANDROID PHONE WORTH £300, SEIKO WATCH WORTH £180. IT COULD BE RECALLED THAT THIS LODGER WAS WORKING FOR OCADA IN THEIR COLD ROOM WHEN HE BECAME MY LODGER. HE HAD A LODGER AGREEMENT THAT REQUIRES HIM TO STAY A MINIMUM PERIOD OF 6 MONTHS. AFTER THE MINIMUM PERIOD OF SIX MONTHS, HE WAS REQUIRED TO GIVE ONE MONTH NOTICE. HE WANTED TO LEAVE AFTER THE LUTON COUNCIL STARTED PAYING HIM FOR THE UPKEEP OF HIS DISABLED SON. HE TRIED TO FORCE ME TO GIVE HIM BACH HIS DEPOSIT WHICH I REFUSED BECAUSE HE WAS OWING ME ONE WEEK RENT TOO. I CALLED THE POLICE TO PROTECT MYSELF BECAUSE I AM JUST RECOVERING FROM A STROKE. HE WAS ARRESTED AND DETAINED, BUT THE POLICE COULD NOT SEE THE PUSH ON MY CCTV AND THEY HAD TO RELEASE HIM. ABOUT TWO MONTHS LATER, HE TOOK ACTION FOR THE REFUND OF HIS DEPOSIT. IT HAS BEEN PROTRACTED. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF MISSING ITEMS AT THE TIME. IT WAS WHEN I SENT A PHOTO COPY OF A DOCUMENT THAT I FOUND IN HIS ROOM THAT HE WAS ON SUSPENSION FROM WORK FOR ALTERING SICK NOTE THAT HE CONTACTED THE POLICE THAT I STOLE HIS GOLD ASSETS. THE POLICE SPOKE TO ME ABOUT IT AND I EXPLAINED THAT HE WAS MAKING FALSE ALLEGATIONS. HE NOT OWN ANY EXPENSIVE THING OF SUCH VALUE. HE WAS NOT ABLE TO PAY THE £260 RENT PER MONTH ON TIME. HE ASKED FOR REDUCTION OF RENT TO £230 PER MONTH, BUT I COULD NOT REDUCE IT FURTHER. IT WAS A TINY SINGLE ROOM THAT HE WAS LIVING IN WITH HIS THREE YEAR OLD SON. PLEASE, HELP ME BECAUSE THIS MAN IS TRYING TO HARASS ME. I HAVE REPORTED TO THE POLICE AND I ASKED THAT I HAD NO CASE TO ANSWER BUT I NEED TO STOP HIM FROM THE HARASSMENT. THE CLAIM N0. IS B5QZ2K05. THE NAME OF THIS LODGER IS ANDREW AKINYOSOYE AND I AM LAWRENCE NULE. email address***@******.***
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Is he still your lodger or has he left?