75100385

My partner and I took over the lease of a pub and traded as

My partner and I took over the lease of a pub and traded as a ltd company which unfortunately went into liquidation, I was the sole director. My partner had put a lot of money into it so decided to form a ltd company of his own and try to retrieve some of his money by running it himself. Unfortunately this didn't work and he had to put his company into liquidation. EDF energy won't accept that the company is responsible and say we are because we personally hold the lease, what can we do as there was no written agreement
.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
They are talking rubbish. Just because you held the lease personally does not make you liable, they are just trying to get money. Unless they had a personal guarantee with you, then they just become part of the usual creditors - nothing more.
Their contract was with the Ltd Co and not you personally.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.