75100385

I am going on holiday with my father shortly week to

I am going on holiday with my father shortly for 1 week to Venice, I booked the holiday and i am now sorting out the single trip travel insurance. My travel insurance is fine and costs about £15 however on all the online insurance companies that i have applied with they all ask you to declare any pre-existing medical conditions but do not give you the opportunity to give any deatils other than what the condition is. My father had throat cancer but has been in remission for 4 years now, if I declare it then the premium jumps up to £300 instead of £15, I wanted to know if there was a legal time after which you do not have to declare an ilness which has been cured ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly not. They are free to determine their own risk periods. It may be they never consider it to become non declareable. Others say after two years for example. You need to check to see what their definition of pre existing is. It may be you are outside that period.
Also

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.