75100385

I have been waiting new DBS to be completed

Hi I have been waiting for a new DBS to be completed for a new job but its taking a long time iv been waiting at stage 4 for nearly 6 weeks and Iv had many in the past that have never taken this long!
My concern is that I have been interviewed under caution by the police some months ago long before this check started in regards ***** ***** accused of handling stolen goods from a burglary even thou I have never knowingly been involved in anything but they are still investigating the situation.
I was told that as Iv never been charged that the caution may be shown but Iv also been told that It may not? I did declare it on the DBS form as I was not sure what to do as I believe in being honest, and my employer was not concerned.
But Iv now been told that as stage 4 is with the local police search that they could be holding the checks while the investigation is still being carried out so Im now worried that I may lose my job, even thou I have not been charged with anything, so not sure who I can ask if this caution could be holding up my DBS check? can you help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What was the caution for, just handling stolen goods?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To be honest Im still not sure as it was very stresfull and couldn't believe they were accusing me of being involved. I think they said conspiracy to burgley of a van that was stolen along with a family friend that worked for the company involved does that make a difference as to what the caution was for?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what level you are having? They are:
1. Basic Disclosure Check (sometimes called a Basic CRB Check).
2. Standard DBS Check (previously known as Standard CRB Check) .
3. Enhanced DBS Check - excluding barred list check (previously known as Enhanced CRB Check).
4. Enhanced DBS Check - including barred list check (previously known as Enhanced CRB Check)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is an Enhanced check which I have always had but with the new system just not sure what the difference is with including Barred list or excluding barred list?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If it was Burglary either Section 9(a) or 9(b) of the Theft Act then even a caution will show under a Standard, Enhanced without or with barred check.
So it will be showing on the DBS.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok yes not the answer I would like but I have told my employer about it and they were not concerned but can the local police slow down the checks at stage 4 to delay me receiving a completed check as they are still doing investigations and this has already been going on for nearly a year since the burglary and not receiving my DBS check is preventing me moving on with a new job

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand. Sadly I can only give you the legal position. I should say that you can complain. You can call DBS to complain 0300(###) ###-####or write to: ***** ***** relations PO Box 165 Liverpool L69 3JD
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have already spoken to DBS but they could not give me any answer just that I had to wait 60 days before my employer can start asking when I will receive the completed checks so Im just worrying everyday that this whole situation is emotionally destroying my life and all I want is to move on and forget the cution ever happened!

but thanks for your reply I guess I will just have to wait

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. Good luck with this.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.