75100385

I have been waiting new DBS to be completed

Hi I have been waiting for a new DBS to be completed for a new job but its taking a long time iv been waiting at stage 4 for nearly 6 weeks and Iv had many in the past that have never taken this long!
My concern is that I have been interviewed under caution by the police some months ago long before this check started in regards ***** ***** accused of handling stolen goods from a burglary even thou I have never knowingly been involved in anything but they are still investigating the situation.
I was told that as Iv never been charged that the caution may be shown but Iv also been told that It may not? I did declare it on the DBS form as I was not sure what to do as I believe in being honest, and my employer was not concerned.
But Iv now been told that as stage 4 is with the local police search that they could be holding the checks while the investigation is still being carried out so Im now worried that I may lose my job, even thou I have not been charged with anything, so not sure who I can ask if this caution could be holding up my DBS check? can you help?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What was the caution for, just handling stolen goods?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To be honest Im still not sure as it was very stresfull and couldn't believe they were accusing me of being involved. I think they said conspiracy to burgley of a van that was stolen along with a family friend that worked for the company involved does that make a difference as to what the caution was for?

Do you know what level you are having? They are:
1. Basic Disclosure Check (sometimes called a Basic CRB Check).
2. Standard DBS Check (previously known as Standard CRB Check) .
3. Enhanced DBS Check - excluding barred list check (previously known as Enhanced CRB Check).
4. Enhanced DBS Check - including barred list check (previously known as Enhanced CRB Check)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an Enhanced check which I have always had but with the new system just not sure what the difference is with including Barred list or excluding barred list?

If it was Burglary either Section 9(a) or 9(b) of the Theft Act then even a caution will show under a Standard, Enhanced without or with barred check.
So it will be showing on the DBS.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok yes not the answer I would like but I have told my employer about it and they were not concerned but can the local police slow down the checks at stage 4 to delay me receiving a completed check as they are still doing investigations and this has already been going on for nearly a year since the burglary and not receiving my DBS check is preventing me moving on with a new job

Yes I understand. Sadly I can only give you the legal position. I should say that you can complain. You can call DBS to complain 0300(###) ###-####or write to: ***** ***** relations PO Box 165 Liverpool L69 3JD
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already spoken to DBS but they could not give me any answer just that I had to wait 60 days before my employer can start asking when I will receive the completed checks so Im just worrying everyday that this whole situation is emotionally destroying my life and all I want is to move on and forget the cution ever happened!

but thanks for your reply I guess I will just have to wait

I am sorry. Good luck with this.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.