75100385

I have purchased a Mediterranean cruise and husband,

I have purchased a Mediterranean cruise for myself and husband, who has a pre existing medical condition which is terminal. He refuses to purchase travel insurance due to the high cost and says I would not be liable for any costs incurred by him should he need, for example, airlifting from the ship! He owns no property has a very small pension and relies on my financial support but has enough to pay for the insurance. How do I stand if I take him on the cruise without travel insurance and he becomes I'll or dies while away?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Just out of interest - how old is he, how long has he been suffering from this illness and what quotes have you been given?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is 77, thirteen years older than myself, he has CMML, diagnosed about eighteen months ago. His consultant says he is fit to travel. Quotes range from just under £600 to nearly £2000.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alice,

I don't think it is appropriate to rate your service until I receive an answer to my query. However should you require me to give a rating following each of your responses I could do this based on the promptness of your response. Is that what the system requires me to do?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
y husband has a number of pre- existing medical conditions including chronic leukaemia and is balking at the price of travel insurance for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. What would be my liability if he became ill and had no travel insurance. He has no assets whatsoever.
If he became ill then he would be responsible for any costs getting himself back. However if he is within the EU then he should register for the EU healthcard. This will entitle him to free treatment abroad but he must have it before he goes
This can be found at:
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx
And
https://www.gov.uk/european-health-insurance-card
This should cover him
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** an EU health card but I am concerned that I might be held responsible for any debts incurred that he could not pay.