75100385

There. I applied mortgage with my bank, lloyds. They

Customer Question

Hi there. I applied for a mortgage with my bank, lloyds. They told me that my application would be accepted, with a decision in principle, and to go and make an offer on the house. I did, they accepted, my solicitor did all the searches everything was just about ready to complete, and the bank ring me and say sorry your application has now been cancelled. Your credit score us not high enough!
I've lost a lot of money, and promised a mortgage by my bank. The people we were buying off have emptied their house and we're moving to France! Can my bank legally do this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did they say or do their terms say a decision in principle is not binding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just checked paper work, and yes they can reject my application at any time. Sorry. And thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ah I am sorry they can.
You can always try the financial ombudsman to Make a complaint. They can investigate the matter for you for free at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/