12826847

I received a fine from a private parking contractor

Customer Question

I received a fine from a private parking contractor for parking at a gym that I was a patron of. Although not a full member I paid £10 for a guest pass which entitled me to full access of the gyms facilities, including the car park. I appealed the charge immediately online and did not hear back within the stated 35 days. I wrote to confirm that they had not responded and considered the matter closed. Since then I have received letters that my appeal was submitted too late, which it was not so I suspect they took my letter as an appeal even though it was worded to make clear it wasn't an appeal. I am still receiving letters threatening court action if I do not pay. My stance is that I am 1. Not liable and 2. As they do not pursue every case not paid via legal action that they do not have a valid case. Is this correct?
Is there any reason you think they don't have a valid case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Via online chat forums there are people who have stated that having initially responded to G24 they have stopped responding to their letters and have not received any further action by G24.
If they do not take action against all people then why would it be valid to take any court action against myself?
Never rely on those forums. They talk nonsense.
Do the signs at the location demand that a ticket be displayed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the state member only parking. As I paid for a guest pass for access to all membership facilities on the day I consider this to include the car park.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please close this case. I no longer wish to use the service and unfortunately I can't find out how to cancel as there seem to be no facilities that I can find.
ok
all the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jo. Could you please process the refund and cancel any subscription if one has inadvertently been activated.
Kind regards.
You will need to contact customer services at***@******.*** and they can assist with that.